Dear members of our practice,
We have read and followed all of the news and announcements from the Centers for Disease Control, American Dental Association and Georgia Department of Public Health. Because of the information we have gleaned, we WILL be open BUT will be operating a bit differently:
- Because we have been asked to reschedule “discretionary treatment”, we will be giving priority to people with pain, infection and imminent danger
- If you are scheduled for “routine procedures” like small fillings, cleanings or cosmetic work we will ask you to reschedule your appointment
- We will be screening on the phone and at the office to make sure no exposure to the virus has occurred. If it has, we will ask you to reschedule
- People with cold or flu-like symptoms will not be seen
- Cancellations for reasons of sickness (even last minute ones) will NOT be penalized. BUT you MUST CALL.
- We will be removing all magazines and books from the reception area
- If you do come in for your treatment we will do the following:
- Ask about your health and recent travel.
- If you have traveled outside the country or have been on a cruise in the past five weeks, you will be asked to reschedule.
- When you arrive to the office, we will ask that you wash your hands (vigorously for 20 seconds) and apply hand sanitizer
- We will take your temperature
- If your temperature is higher than “normal”, we will ask you to reschedule your appointment
Thank you for your support and understanding. As your health and safety is our primary goal, we have responded to this stressful situation by generally tightening up our already stringent protective and disinfection procedures.
David Kurtzman, DDS